LGE Community Credit Union is committed to the well-being and safety of our members, communities, and employees. Like you, I am concerned about the presence of the novel coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, in the United States and abroad and its potential effects on our community.
I write today to share the latest information we have and some decisions we’ve made as an organization made to look out for the wellbeing of our team, members, and community. We are actively monitoring information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Georgia Department of Public Health and will continue to update you as needed moving forward.
At LGE, we’ve always committed to providing our members with convenient and easy ways to bank with us from the comforts of your own home and on-the-go, many of which are available through our online and mobile banking options. You can deposit checks via Snap Deposit, make account transfers and loan payments anytime from your phone and/or online. For your cash needs, you can utilize any LGE ATM or cash dispenser with no fee. Our Contact Center is also available to assist you in many ways at 770-424-0060. We hope you’ll take advantage of these services if you are not already. More information is provided toward the end of this email.
While many of our members utilize our digital banking solutions and Contact Center, we are still committed to protecting those members that are best served by visiting one of our 13 branches. Following the guidance from the CDC, we know regular cleaning is one of the most important preventative measures we can take. On top of our normal daily cleaning procedures, we’re adding more frequent and rigorous cleaning routines throughout the branch, including disinfecting high-touch surfaces like counters, ATMs and touch screens.
There is currently no vaccine to prevent the coronavirus. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow the CDC's recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including Coronavirus.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms to help prevent the spread of the disease.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Additionally, below are links that provide more in-depth information and resources from both the CDC and the Georgia Department of Public Health regarding the Coronavirus:
Ways to bank with LGE from the comfort of your home or on-the-go:
Deposit cash and/or checks
- Snap a picture of your check to deposit using LGE Snap Deposit.
- Set up direct deposit to have your paycheck automatically deposited into your account.
- Move money between accounts.
- Wire Transfer
Bill & Loan payment
- Use online or mobile banking to pay bills quick and easy.
- Transfer from your LGE account via online banking or the Memberline automated phone banking system.
- Mail your payment. Click here for payment mailing addresses.
- ACH, automatic transfer from any account. Contact us to request the appropriate form for your loan type.
Withdraw cash and/or checks
- Make a cash withdrawal at an LGE ATM or cash dispenser with no fee.
- Withdraw cash at any cash dispensing ATM in the following networks: Publix ATM (Presto!), CO-OP, and CULIANCE.
- Request cash back when making purchases with merchants.
- Request a check withdrawal via online banking (desktop only), Memberline, or via our Contact Center (770-424-0060).
Our top priority as an organization is always the well-being and safety of our members, community and employees, and times like these are no different. We appreciate your membership and are here to assist in any way we can.
Note: This is an archived post. Please visit here for the most up-to-date information.